Another note has been sent to TMZ as the search for Nancy Guthrie, the 84-year-old mother of Savannah Guthrie, enters its third week.
According to the outlet, they received an email from the man who claims to know who kidnapped Nancy.
“I know what I saw 5 days ago south of the border and I was told to shut up so I know who he is and that was definitely Nancy with them,” the email said.
And with that, he is demanding $50,000 in bitcoin for the information, which has been consistent throughout all the emails so far. has the same Bitcoin account attached as the three previous notes. According to TMZ, the person is staying quiet because they have a burglary on their record.
The Third Email Also Implied That Multiple People Are Involved
In the third email TMZ received on Friday, Feb. 13, the sender included a warning, saying that authorities should “be prepared to go international.”
The outlet added that it is “likely a reference to Mexico, which is less than a 90-minute drive from Tucson.”
Police Are Stuck For A Motive In Nancy Guthrie Disappearance
In an interview with the Daily Mail, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos spoke out about a video that showed the alleged suspect in gloves and a ski mask.
“This is somebody who’s disappeared from the face of the earth, and now we have a camera that says here’s the person who did this,” he told the outlet.
“And that’s what makes me say this is a kidnapping,” Nanos continued. “The motivation for it is where we get stuck, right? Is it for money? I mean, we had the one demand where they asked for money. But is it really for money, or is it for revenge for something?”
With that, he also admitted that “nobody” has been cleared in the investigation, specifically addressing the speculation surrounding Nancy’s son-in-law Tommaso Cioni.
“I stay in touch with them, mostly Savannah,” Nanos said regarding the family. “I’ve not been in touch with Tommaso or Annie too much.”
“I have talked to them a little bit, but I know the investigators are in touch with them,” he added. “But I’ve really told people, this is a lot of stress. If he [Tommaso Cioni] is guilty, if he’s the one who did it, and we’re able to prove that, then at that time jump on it but don’t come out of nowhere with this.”
“I understand the pundits are out there. They’re gonna say, well, he’s the last one to see her alive. We understand that stuff. But, my goodness, you’re putting a mark on somebody who could be completely innocent. And more important than that, he’s family,” Nanos continued.



