Guthrie Family Cleared as Suspects in Nancy Guthrie Search
NBC/Getty

BREAKING: Savannah Guthrie’s Family Cleared as Suspects in Missing Mom Nancy Guthrie Case

The community of Tucson, Arizona, is waiting for answers. It has been weeks since 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie disappeared from her home on February 1. The mother of “Today” co-host Savannah Guthrie has not been seen since, and the uncertainty has settled heavily over her community.

Neighbors continue to hope. Friends remain on edge. Her family is holding on to the belief that she will return home safely. As the search moves into its third week, speculation has spread rapidly online. Unverified claims and rumors have circulated widely, often outpacing confirmed information from investigators.

The sheriff’s department has formally addressed the situation and made one point abundantly clear: Her family is not under suspicion.


Sheriff Chris Nanos OFFICIALLY Clears the Guthrie Family as Suspects

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos issued a public statement confirming that all immediate relatives, including siblings and spouses, have been cleared in the investigation.

“To be clear…the Guthrie family – to include all siblings and spouses – has been cleared as possible suspects in this case. The family has been nothing but cooperative and gracious, and are victims in this case,” Nanos said in an official statement.

As the case enters its third week, speculation has spread widely online. Nanos directly addressed that trend, urging restraint and professionalism.

Savannah and NancyNBCUniversal
Savannah and Nancy

“To suggest otherwise is not only wrong, it is cruel. The Guthrie family are victims plain and simple…please, I’m begging you the media to honor your profession and report with some sense of compassion and professionalism.”

Nanos emphasized that the family has fully cooperated with law enforcement throughout the investigation. He said they should not be treated as suspects.

In the days after Nancy vanished, Nanos spoke candidly about the direction of the investigation. He said authorities believe she was taken intentionally, not caught in a burglary that spiraled out of control.

Chris nanosGetty
Chris nanos

“This is somebody who’s disappeared from the face of the earth, and now we have a camera that says here’s the person who did this,” he told the Daily Mail on Monday.

His words reflected the gravity of the case and the fact that investigators are not treating this as a random event.

They believe Nancy was deliberately abducted, and they continue to search for answers.


Savannah Guthrie Shared an Emotional Video Plea Two Weeks After Mom’s Disappearance

One day before authorities confirmed that the Guthrie family had been cleared as suspects, Savannah Guthrie returned to social media with an emotional appeal.

The “Today” co-anchor addressed viewers directly in a video posted February 15. Her voice remained steady but carried clear emotion as she spoke about hope and belief.

“I wanted to come on and, um, it’s been two weeks since our mom was taken, and I just wanted to come on and say that, um, we still have hope, and we still believe,” Savannah said.

The video spread quickly, drawing an outpouring of support from followers who filled the comments with prayers and messages of encouragement.

Savannah Guthrie Pleads for Mom Nancy’s Safe ReturnNBCUniversal
Savannah Guthrie Pleads for Mom Nancy’s Safe Return

Savannah also directed her words to anyone who may have information about Nancy’s whereabouts.

“And I wanted to say to whoever has her or knows where she is that it’s never too late and you’re not lost or alone and it is never too late to do the right thing,” she said.

Her message focused on empathy and accountability. Even amid uncertainty, Savannah spoke with calm resolve, urging compassion over anger while asking for her mother’s safe return.


TMZ Reports Fourth Email Claiming Knowledge of Disappearance

Separately, TMZ reports it has received a fourth email from a person claiming to have information about who kidnapped Nancy Guthrie and where she is being held.

According to the outlet, the latest message includes the same bitcoin account referenced in the previous three communications. The email states in part, “I know what I saw 5 days ago south of the border, and I was told to shut up so I know who he is and that was definitely Nancy with them.”

TMZ notes this is the second time the sender has suggested that more than one individual may be involved in the alleged abduction. In a prior message received on Friday, the sender wrote, “… be prepared to go International.”

Authorities have not publicly confirmed the authenticity of the emails.

As the search continues, officials say they are evaluating all information carefully while focusing on verified evidence. They have also urged the public to focus on official updates as the investigation remains active.

0 Comments

Leave a Comment

Stay in the loop, subscribe to our

Newsletter