As the search for Nancy Guthrie stretches into its third week, new information has surfaced about the ongoing hunt for the suspect.
NBC News correspondent Liz Kreutz reported on who investigators are likely no longer considering a potential suspect in the abduction of Savannah Guthrie’s mother.
According to Kreutz, two law enforcement sources familiar with the case revealed that investigators are “leaning away” from looking at any relative of Nancy.
Previously, there have been reports that a family member was considered a person of interest in the disappearance of Nancy.
On February 4, Ashleigh Banfield said on her “Drop Dead Serious” podcast that a “highly regarded” law enforcement source informed her that Annie Guthrie’s husband, Tommaso Cioni, “may be the prime suspect.”
Banfield also noted at the time that a car belonging to Annie was “towed, impounded, and is in evidence.”
Shortly after Banfield’s report, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos clarified that investigators “have not identified a suspect or person of interest in this case” and that detectives are working closely with the Guthrie family.
Nancy Guthrie Case Update: Authorities Also Leaning Away From Previously Detained Individuals
In addition to Nancy’s family, investigators are no longer focusing on the man detained in Rio Rico last week, identified as Carlos, or the individual whose home was searched Friday night, Kreutz added.
Kreutz also noted that authorities are now “going through different leads and going down a different path” in the investigation.
Meanwhile, a total of 16 gloves have been recovered by the FBI during a search, and 15 of them reportedly belonged to searchers who discarded them while working in the area, CNN reported.
One of the gloves found two miles away from Nancy’s home was reportedly different from the rest and is consistent with the glove seen in the surveillance footage. The said glove has DNA on it.
Fox News Digital reported that the FBI received preliminary results Saturday and is awaiting quality control and official confirmation before entering the unknown male profile into CODIS.
Savannah Guthrie on Mom’s Abductor: ‘It’s Never Too Late’
On Sunday, Savannah took to Instagram and pleaded with Nancy’s abductor to do the right thing.
“I wanted to come on, and um, it’s been two weeks since our mom was taken, and I just wanted to come on and say that we still have hope, and we still believe,” the “Today” co-host said. “And I wanted to say to whoever has her or knows where she is that it’s never too late, and you are not lost or alone. It is never too late to do the right thing, and we are here. We believe, and we believe in the essential goodness of every human being.”




It is never too late. Tell the family where there mothere is located. It will free your soul. Do the right thing.
I ‘d like to know WHERE the article that you mentioned, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry look inside🤔 is !!!!!!!?????????