As Nancy Guthrie remains missing nearly two weeks after her abduction, TMZ has received a third email from a man who claims to know the person responsible for Nancy’s kidnapping. TMZ reported on the email’s specifics on Friday, Feb. 13, noting that the sender has increased the price of his demand in return for critical information in the case.
In the email, the person suggested that the FBI’s decision to double their reward to $100,000 for information on Nancy’s disappearance was done “to discredit me” after he previously told TMZ in an email that he would give up details about the kidnapper as long as he was given 1 Bitcoin worth $65,000.
TMZ said that the man is now asking for a fraction of the 1 Bitcoin he first emailed them about on Wednesday, Feb. 11. The outlet also noted that the email sender does not trust law enforcement, resulting in their interest in contacting TMZ.
TMZ Receives Third Email With Increased Bitcoin Demands
Now, however, the sender said he wants $50,000 of that Bitcoin, and in return, he will divulge critical information on who kidnapped Nancy. The sender also said in the third email that he wanted an additional $50,000 in Bitcoin — making the total amount he is asking for $100,000 — the same amount that the FBI is offering as of Feb. 12.
The sender told TMZ that after leading authorities to the kidnapper, he will not withdraw the first $50,000 until the suspect is arrested.
Third Email Suggests Accomplices in Nancy Guthrie’s Disappearance
The email sender stated that once he receives the first $50,000, he promises to give up “the name of the main individual,” referring to the exact person who abducted Nancy in the early morning hours of Sunday, Feb. 1. The sender specifically saying that he would provide the name of the “main individual” indicates that there are likely other accomplices in the beloved 84-year-old’s disappearance.
In the same report from TMZ, it was stated that the email also referenced the current condition Nancy is in… which the outlet refused to go into detail about.
Third Email Says Authorities Should ‘Be Prepared to Go International’
The email also suggested that the kidnapper is not hiding out in the United States, as the sender made his Bitcoin demands in return for information on “the man hunt of the main individual that can give you all the answers and be prepared to go International.” TMZ reported that is exactly how the third email ended.
TMZ reported on Thursday, Feb. 12, that they received their second email from the unknown sender, who said his demand for 1 Bitcoin was not “being taken seriously.” He also said that he needed the money to help him keep a low profile after giving up the name of the kidnapper, adding that he did not want to be “incriminated” in the public eye.
When TMZ received the sender’s first email, the outlet reported on his immediate demand for 1 Bitcoin worth $65,000. “If they want the name of the individual involved, then I want 1 Bitcoin to the following wallet. Time is more than relevant,” the sender wrote, according to TMZ.
After surveillance footage and photos of the kidnapper approaching Nancy’s front door were released to the public, PBI Phoenix took to their official X account to share the demographics of the suspect seen on her doorbell camera. FBI Phoenix described the person as a male, approximately 5’9” – 5’10” tall, “with an average build.” They also confirmed that the suspect was wearing a black, 25-liter Ozark Trail Hiker Pack backpack.



