Nancy Guthrie Mexican volunteer search group
Getty

Mexican Search Group Blocked From Helping in Nancy Guthrie Case

With the search for Nancy Guthrie now entering its third week following her abduction from her home near Tucson, Arizona, many members of the public are not only offering support but want to also directly assist in the search. A group of volunteers from Mexico have arrived in Arizona to help search for the missing Nancy but have been blocked from helping.

Nancy, the mother of  “Today” host Savannah Guthrie, was seemingly kidnapped during the early hours of February 1 and the subsequent investigation has included local law enforcement and the FBI


The Mexican volunteer search group helping in the Nancy Guthrie case.Getty
Lidia Hernandez, who is part of the Madres Buscadoras De Sonora (Searching Mothers of Sonora), holds a flyer that reads, ‘Nancy Guthrie Desparecida’ (Disappeared) near Nancy Guthrie’s residence on February 21, 2026, in Tucson, Arizona.

According to TMZ, members of the Mexican non-profit organization Madres Buscadoras de Sonora (Searching Mothers of Sonora) arrived at Nancy’s home this weekend. The group became involved in the case after the FBI contacted Mexican law enforcement after fears that the victim may have been moved over the border.

However, they have been unable to assist due to not being granted the necessary permits. Some individuals who are part of the group told the outlet that they have been told they cannot take part in searches unless they have permission. 

Meanwhile, the Pima County Sheriff’s has also released a statement on their official X account to confirm that they have not requested assistance from volunteer groups and asking organizations to avoid interfering in the investigation. 

The statement reads, “Private Search Parties: Volunteer search groups have inquired about being in the area. Per the Sheriff, they were asked to please give investigators the space they need to do their work.”

The sheriff’s department statement continues, “We appreciate their concern, and we all want to find Nancy, but this work is best left to professionals. PCSD has volunteer opportunities if they wish to get involved with the department. Private property laws apply and it is up to each individual property owner to grant permission for someone to search their property.”


Reward For Information Reaches $200,000 After Anonymous Donation

It has also emerged that the reward for information that could lead to finding Nancy or the suspects involved in crime has doubled from $100,000 to $200,000. 

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department has confirmed that tipline 88-CRIME received an anonymous $100,000 donation earlier this week, drastically increasing the reward being offered. 

Originally, the reward put up by local law enforcement groups was just $2,500 but this was increased to $100,000 thanks to the efforts of Milwaukee attorney Michael Hupy, the president of Milwaukee Crime Stoppers.

The FBI is also offering a separate reward of $100,000 reward to those who can help in the investigation. “Today, the FBI is increasing its reward up to $100,000 for information leading to the location of Nancy Guthrie and/or the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance,” the FBI Phoenix office revealed.

2 Comments

2 thoughts on “Mexican Search Group Blocked From Helping in Nancy Guthrie Case”

  1. As usual, click bait. ‘mexican group blocked from helping’….that would suck. In reality a permit was needed and the police are asking for private searches, for what are obvious reasons!

    Reply
  2. What the heck is going on with Nancy Guthrie missing case? Do we need to sign up to find her? This case is running around in circles with no positive conclusions. There are many unanswered questions from the general public who will no doubt find this woman dead or alive. Please give us all the detailed information that you have. Stop holding back!

    Reply

Leave a Comment

Stay in the loop, subscribe to our

Newsletter