Former “Dancing With the Stars” pro Louis van Amstel is ready to put on his dancing shoes and return to the ballroom after celebrating the show’s 20th anniversary earlier this week.
Van Amstel, 53, performed alongside fellow OG pros during the Tuesday, November 11, episode and took to social media shortly after to toss his hat in the ring for next season.
Louis van Amstel Wants to Return to ‘DWTS’
“My heart is so full,” he said in a video shared via Instagram on Wednesday, November 12. “It really was such a special day, and we are so grateful that the OGs were part of it.
van Amstel continued, “But also [I] want to tell you this, there was a side of me that said, ‘Hey, I might be OG but I ain’t done,’ I want back in, I ain’t done. So if I would ever be asked back to be on the show, season 35, I’d say yes in a heartbeat.”
The Dutch dancer joined the show during season 1, partnered with former “Bachelorette” Trista Sutter. The next year, he danced with “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Lisa Rinna, followed by “High School Musical” actress Monique Coleman in season 3.
After a break during seasons 4 and 5, he returned for season 6 with partner Priscilla Presley. Following another break for seasons 7 and 8, van Amstel was partnered with Kelly Osbourne for season 9. He was partnered with actress Niecy Nash and Margaret Cho for seasons 10 and 11, respectively, followed by “Girls Next Door” alum Kendra Wilkinson for season 12.
His final season, season 15, was the All Stars season. He was partnered for former contestant and “Cheetah Girls” star Sabrina Bryan, but they were eliminated in week 6.
“It was so special,” van Amstel said in his Wednesday Instagram video of the 20th anniversary celebration. “The choreography from Derek [Hough] was amazing to be part of that. Seeing everyone in that ballroom — Trista Sutter, my partner from season 1 was there. Lisa Rinna was there — It was amazing. My Kelly [Osbourne] wasn’t there, but Kelly Monaco was there, who has become close friends of mine. I love her.”
Fans Want Louis van Amstel Back in the Ballroom
The comments section of Louis’ post was flooded with praise and good vibes that ABC asks him back for season 35.
“Oh my gosh you definitely need to be asked to be one of the pros next season. I so enjoyed watching you in the beginning of the show,” one fan wrote.
“THE FANS WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!!!” another shouted.
“Would so love to see you on the show again,” a third wrote.
It seems the stars may be aligning for his return as the official DWTS account commented, “Always love having you back.”



