Meghan and Harry
Getty

Meghan Markle & Prince Moving Back to the U.K. After 6 Years in California: REPORT

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are moving back to the U.K. after living in California for the past 6 years, People announced in an exclusive report published on Wednesday, August 19. They will not return to their royal duties, and instead will live in the country as “private individuals,” according to the bombshell report.

The outlet says the couple’s two children Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet are set to begin school there this fall.

The report says they plan to remain in Harry’s home country for “an extended period,” although they will maintain their current home in Montecito, California as well as their vacation property in Portugal.

The location of their new U.K. home, which will be a private, non-royal residence, is being kept top-secret, per the mag, which also notes the identity of the children’s school is a secret as well.

The outlet points out the couple gave up their royal estate known as Frogmore Cottage, which is located around half a mile south of Windsor Castle. The home was a gift from Queen Elizabeth to the pair back in 2018, and they lived there for a few years before being asked to leave by King Charles in 2023.

Harper’s Bazaar Australia reported a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess confirmed to the mag’s US branch, “have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage.”


King Charles Learned of Harry & Meghan’s Plans to Return to the U.K. on Sunday

People says King Charles, 77, was made aware that his son’s plans to move the family back to the U.K. on Sunday, August 16.

The piece says the monarch “welcomes the opportunity to see more of the Sussex family in a private and personal capacity.”

In January 2020, Harry and Meghan announced they were stepping down from their royal duties, and move to the United States that March. Up until being asked to vacate Frogmore, they stayed at the home on occasional visits.

People says it’s been stated that King Charles has “been clear there will be no change to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s status as private individuals and non-working members of the royal family, in keeping with the wishes they expressed and the agreement reached when they stepped back from royal duties.”

The mag says Harry plans to devote more time to the Invictus community, along with the charities Scotty’s Little Soldiers and WellChild.

Scotty’s is a British charity that supports children and young adults who’ve lost a military parent, and WellChild helps young people with serious conditions receive homecare instead of being confined to the hospital.


Meghan Markle Talked About Life ‘Beyond the Royal Spotlight’ in an Interview Last Year

Meghan was formerly a regular cast member in the USA Network legal drama “Suits” from 2011 to 2018 before marrying Harry on May 19, 2018. She has several more acting credits as well, including two Hallmark films. In 2014 she starred in “When Spark’s Fly,” and returned to the channel for “Dater’s Handbook” in 2016.

In a 2025 Bloomberg Originals interview, Meghan talked her current ventures, including the successful brand As Ever that frequently sell out its product drops. “When you sell out that quickly, actually it’s a double-edged sword. Because it’s an incredible thing to happen for any small business, and any startup. And at the same time, you don’t get the same metrics and learnings, about which skews in products are the most coveted. Because it’s all gone immediately.”

0 Comments

Leave a Comment

Stay in the loop, subscribe to our

Newsletter