Charles Harry Meghan
Getty

King Charles ‘Welcomes’ Opportunity To Spend Time With Prince Harry After Move Back To The UK

King Charles III might be on the path to reconciliation with Prince Harry. The latter’s return to the UK was confirmed by PEOPLE. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had relocated to North America and had been living in California for six years. Their arrival was not just a surprise to the country but reportedly to King Charles himself.

According to PEOPLE, King Charles is open to welcoming his younger son back. The outlet also said that Prince Harry is returning with his entire family. His children are also expected to attend school by the fall, implying that the move is a permanent one.

King Charles Learned About Prince Harry’s Return On Sunday

According to PEOPLE, King Charles wasn’t aware of his son’s return until Sunday. Prince Harry has been open about the estrangement between him and his family. It appears that he hadn’t notified his father of his plans until the move was imminent.

In July, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, had met their grandfather for the first time in four years. King Charles, 77, and Queen Camilla, 79, had hosted the family in Highgrove House, the monarch’s private country residence in Gloucestershire, England. Prince Harry himself had reunited with his father in September 2025.

Even so, PEOPLE reports that King Charles is enthusiastic about his son’s return. The outlet claims that the reigning monarch plans to have a private, personal relationship with Harry’s family. PEOPLE also reports that King Charles nevertheless maintains there will not be any change to Harry and Meghan’s status as private individuals.

King Charles’ Reunion With Prince Harry Has Been A Gradual Process

Prince Harry, 41, and Meghan Markle, 45, are not expected to resume royal duties. The couple stepped back from their roles, expressing the need for privacy. According to PEOPLE. King Charles will uphold their status as non-working members of the family.

Although a full reconciliation has not been reported, Harry has appeared to be moving closer to his family than before. He had met his father after King Charles’ cancer diagnosis was reported. Harry also met his father in September 2025 at Clarence House, the King’s London residence, for a private tea. King Charles’ reunion with his grandchildren in July was also seen as a major step forward.

According to royal author Russell Myers, however, that meeting wasn’t all pleasant. Speaking to PEOPLE, Myers said that the “big homecoming” had essentially turned into a “nightmare” because of security arrangements. The reportedly inconsistent security procedures were a source of tension between Harry and Buckingham Palace.

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle’s Return Isn’t A Simple Situation

According to the PEOPLE report, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are back for “an extended period.” However, the pair will retain their home in Montecito, California. They also own a vacation property in Portugal. Harry had reiterated that security was the primary issue for his family in the UK.

The Duke and Duchess had voiced discomfort with security in the UK. It was seen as one of the primary factors for their relocation. With King Charles seemingly retaining their status as private individuals, Harry and Meghan’s current situation remains unclear.

For the time being, the chance of reconciliation appears on the table. King Charles’ reported intention to welcome his son back provides the opportunity for him to be around his grandchildren more often. Whether Harry and Meghan’s prior issues resurface remains to be seen.

0 Comments

Leave a Comment

Stay in the loop, subscribe to our

Newsletter